Friday 11 June 2010

It’s time for Africa!!!

“Zima zima zangalewa…”, I remember growing up watching some two clownish-looking musicians singing this song on TV…it was an anthem then because of the fun nature of the video. I also remember chorusing it at morning workouts during my NYSC camp days….
I see the Shakira version and can’t help but be excited all over again. This time, it is the world cup and Africa is hosting! I love me some soccer so adrenaline is pumping. I know I’m probably setting myself up for a likely disappointment since our run up to this world cup qualification has been tipsy-turvy to say the least but then I am unashamedly Nigerian and hope runs in my veins so maybe just as it is South Africa’s time to host, it is Nigeria’s time to win the world cup?! I can’t wait……

No comments:

Post a Comment